Due to the national lockdown, the club will be closed for 4 weeks. We will open again on Thursday 3rd December 2020, so we look forward to welcoming you all back then.
In the meantime should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact email@example.com
See you soon!
We have served this dish to conservative Italians here at Century and have got the thumbs up. So pennes at the ready!
500 grams fresh tagliatelle (120/150 grams per
120 grams of quality smoked Alsace pancetta
15 grams butter
1 large onion chopped finely
150 ml double cream
100 ml white wine
3 sprigs of thyme
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 bay leaf
15 grams of chopped parsley
4 free range large egg yolks (optional)
Maldon sea salt
Cracked black pepper
120 grams of freshly grated parmesan
1. Start with removing the skin from the pancetta, try to keep it in one piece so it is easier to remove at the end. Dice the rest in to small pieces.
2. In a large pan start with a high heat, cook the diced pancetta & the skin for a couple of minutes then turn down the heat down to medium-low until golden brown.
3. Remove the pancetta and excess fat from the pan and add your chopped onions, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf, cook gently until onions are cooked fully.
4. Return the pancetta to the pan and cook in with the onion mix and add butter as this will enhance the browning and the flavour. Remove excess fat and add white wine, reduce by half then add
50 ml of water, cook for 5/7 minutes,add the cream and cook for a further 5 minutes set a side.
5. When you’re ready to serve, cook the tagliatelle in a large pot of boiling water, add 5 grams of salt per litre of water. Follow packaging instructions for cooking time and preferences.
6. While the tagliatelle is cooking, discard the thyme, bay leaf and pancetta skin from the sauce. Add the cooked tagliatelle to the sauce, toss for a couple of minutes so the pasta envelops some of the sauce. Add some of the cooking water, season and add the chopped parsley.
7. Top the carbonara with one egg yolk (optional), a twist of black peppercorns and generously sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan. The heat of the pasta will cook the egg yolk.
Share your creations with us at #centurycarbonara